Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Perfect Pizza (Well sort of)

Soo this week it was time for me to tackle bread again, as I attempted to make Pizza. I'm not gonna lie to you, it didn't turn out exactly how I expected it to, but what ever does?!
It was a little larger than expected and bordered more on the side of deep pan than traditional Italian, but nonetheless I gave it my best effort.


As you can see (above), this is what it looked like just before putting it in the oven - fairly flat and even... If I'm honest I think that my main problem came as a result of leaving the dough to rise a bit before putting all of the toppings on, which was my fatal error, because it meant that I had to punch all of the air out of the base before putting it onto the baking tray... I mustn't have been thorough enough and the Pizza ended up raising...


As you can see it went a little puffy, but not bad enough to ruin the whole meal.

Here's the recipe for those who want it!

Ingredients

225g (8oz) Plain Flour
Half a Packet of Dried Yeast
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Sugar
150ml (1/4 Pint) Warm Water

Method

1. Sprinkle sugar, yeast and salt onto the flour.

2. Add warm water gradually and mix

3. Kneed for three minutes

4. Roll or flatten dough into desired shape.

5. Cover with toppings of your choice

6. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200C/ Gas 6 until base is firm.

Okay so that's all. If you give it a go, let me know how it turns out!

Until next time,

Happy Baking!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment