Sunday 4 December 2011

Barbie® Adores Katy Perry…and Cupcakes!


Deviating a little off topic, but still in the general cupcake area, I want to introduce to you the brand new Katy Perry Cupcake doll, which has stolen my heart and put itself right at the top of the 'things I want most at the moment' list! (or the TIWMATML, if you want a nifty acronym)


It's so brilliantly girly, it's untrue!

Designed by Amy Lee for Mattel, this doll is a one off limited edition, which is currently being auctioned in aid of Project Angel Food, a charity working to help feed men, women and children, suffering from life threatening illnesses such as HIV/AIDS and Cancer.

Each cupcake has been individually crafted and hand painted (or so I read) to create a perfect scaled replica of the dress worn by Katy, during the first leg of her California Dreams Tour earlier this year.

Ahh it's soo pretty - I want it - it'd look amazing in my Barbie collection!


The perfect purchase for any Katy Perry/Barbie/Cupcake lover!

The only down-side is that it's expected to go for somewhere in the region of $15,000, (£9,617) which is great for the charity, but not so great if you're me - ah well!
If you want to bid on it for me (or yourself) you can do so here: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/barbie/catalog_items/291300

So as Katy says, bid now to benefit a very worth while cause!

Happy Baking!

X

1 comment: