Wednesday 15 June 2011

Glee Cupcakes


Ahh the Beautiful Cupcakes

This week was the Glee Season 2 Finale in the UK, and being the MASSIVE Gleek that I am, I decided that I couldn't let this occasion pass by without some form of celebration... so drum roll please... I present to you my Glee Cupcakes!
I must say that I was pretty impressed with my efforts and very much enjoyed nibbling my way through one or two of these whilst watching the New Directions competing in the nationals and Klaine saying 'I love you.' (aww)

Gleek

So you're gonna want to know how to make these, coz who doesn't love Glee, right? (and even if you don't love Glee, you must love cake, so you're winning either way!)
This is the easiest recipe in the world, but it's also probably the best sponge I've ever made.
The main body of the recipe comes from one which I was taught at school in home economics, but as usual I've adjusted it a little to make it even better!


Stars

Soo the recipe for four cakes is...

Ingredients

55g (2oz) Margarine
28g (1oz) Caster Sugar
55g (2oz) Self Raising Flour
1 egg
1stp Baking Powder
2tsp Vanilla Essence

Recipe

1. Mix the flour, sugar, egg and margarine together in a large mixing bowl for two to three minutes until fully combined.

2. To this mixture add the Vanilla essence and Baking powder and stir again until completely mixed.

3. Fill the muffin cases to just over half way.

4. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 190C (180C Fan) Gas 5 until springy and a light golden colour.

Mr Shue Cake

For the topping it's the same school of thought as the Carrot Cake I made a few weeks ago, it's a case of trial and error and using a LOT of icing sugar!
The stars were bought from a lovely little online company called Top My Party Cake, who sell the best cake accessories ever and sold them to me for the bargain price of £3.79 - A bargain? I think so...Have a look at their site if you get a minute!
And for the final finishing touches I've used multi coloured sugar sprinkles and pink edible glitter, to give it that extra Rachel Berry sparkle :)

Rachel Berry Sparkle

Like I said before, I loved these and had great fun making them, so watch this space for more Glee Cakes next season!

Until Next time,

Happy Baking!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment