Tuesday 26 April 2011

What Happened When I Went Away

Last week I went on a little Holiday to the beautiful Lake District, and boy did I indulge while I was there (It's okay though because I did a mass of walking and rambling across fields to make up for it!)
Okay so a couple of highlights:

Apple Pie and Cream in Windermere: This pie was cheap and cheerful and incredibly delicious, and as I've said before - I love little jugs of cream on the side, so it was an instant winner for me! The tastes were perfectly balanced and the slight crunchyness of apple was perfectly complimented by the soft pastry.


Sticky Toffee Pudding at Heidi's in Grassmere: This was actually Cartmel sticky toffee pudding. A complete must if you ever see it in a shop. As you can see, I was a little too eager to get stuck in, and ate half of it before I'd had chance to take a photo. I always go to Heidi's when I'm in the area, because it has such a great atmosphere but this dessert just makes the whole experience perfect (and they serve ice cream with it!)

So that's all I took photo's of, but I must add a comment about some fabulous Chocolate cake I had in Hawkshead, it was perfection on a plate. For shame, I can't remember the name of the place I bought it from, but it was a cute little black and white building (which I'm thinking was maybe Elizabethan) which has been converted into tea rooms. It only has three tables inside so you have to get in there quickly at lunch times, but it's lovely.

There were other things too but these were the highlights, which have convinced me that on to the list must go; Apple Pie, Sticky Toffee Pudding, and Chocolate Cake!

Happy Baking!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment