Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter Nests

Corn Flake Cakes

I promised a Corn Flake Cake, so here's a Corn Flake Cake... Unfortunately, I didn't make it. It was made by the lovely people at Costa Coffee about a month ago :)

Being the dedicated baker I am, I had intend to make some on Sunday - I bought the mini eggs, cornflakes and everything (even some cute chicks to sit next to the eggs)
But alas, in my eagerness to make the cakes look nice I overlooked a crucial ingredient - CHOCOLATE!


A Million different kinds of Chocolate

'But it's Easter,' I hear you say, 'surely you must be over run with Chocolate?'
That's true, but not the right kind of chocolate... Mini Eggs? Yes; Cream eggs? Yes; Caramel eggs? Yes; Celebrations? Yes; Soft Centred Chocolate eggs? Yes; Plain block of Chocolate perfect for melting? No.
FAIL.
Of course the shops didn't open properly until yesterday, by which time Easter was pretty much over so unfortunately I don't have any Easter cakes to show you and I have a massive bag of mini eggs with no nests to sit in... I'm sure I'll find something to do with them though!

Look at the cuteness! aww

Happy Baking! :)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment