Friday 10 February 2012

Buttons Cupcakes


The last few times I've made cupcakes, I've noticed that the cake tends to rise a little too much, which can be impractical when icing. To try and rectify this, last weekend, I decided to have a look around the internet for tips on how to get a flat topped cake. It seems that there are several different avenues which you can pursue when doing this, but the most common suggestion I found was to reduce the oven temperature from 180C to 150C.


This seemed practical enough so I tried it out the other day - and you know what? It actually works and here's the cupcakes to prove it!

TOP TIP: REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE!

If you have any other suggestions for how to make the perfect cake then let me know!

Until next time,

Happy baking!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment