Wednesday 28 September 2011

The Fruits of my Labour: Summer Fruits and Cream Cupcakes


Here is the latest offering from my little baking project - I hope you like them - I'm really pleased with the results :)

To make them I used the usual recipe, which incase you've forgotton is:

Ingredients

55g (2oz) Margarine
28g (1oz) Caster Sugar
55g (2oz) Self Raising Flour
1 egg
1stp Baking Powder
2tsp Vanilla Essence

Recipe

1. Mix the flour, sugar, egg and margarine together in a large mixing bowl for two to three minutes until fully combined.

2. To this mixture add the Vanilla essence and Baking powder and stir again until completely mixed.

3. Fill the muffin cases to just over half way.

4. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 190C (180C Fan) Gas 5 until springy and a light golden colour.

Now the topping this time, was different than usual, because I used whipping cream - Oh My Delia, how difficult is it to whip cream? I swear I sprained my wrist!!
But I must admit that I felt oddly satisfied after I'd done it (even if I did over whip it a bit - which I didn't find out until I watched Celebrity Masterchef - apparently if it's got water coming out of it then you've whipped it too much - Thank you Mr. John Torode)

To the cream, I then folded in about 200g of Icing sugar to sweeten, then simply piped it over the cupcakes and decorated with Summer Fruits.

The final effect is slightly more rough and ready than usual, because of the nature of the cream, but I think that this adds a certain je nais se quoi to the look of the cupcakes, don't you?

Until next time,

Happy Baking!

X

PS - Follow me on twitter @CupcakesCakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment