Tuesday 15 March 2011

Let the challenge begin!


Argh the scary first post... I suppose I better introduce myself... soo I'm Caroline and I'm a student!
And because I'm a student I get a silly amount of time off in the Summer (six months to be exact - I can't believe it either!) which I usually spend either studying, or catching up on my daytime TV (which if I’m honest is the preferred option)!!!
However, recently this has ceased to be as fulfilling as it once was, so this summer I've decided to bake - And when I say bake I mean REALLY bake, not just packet mixes and refrigerator cakes (although I probably will end up making the iconic rice crispy cake at some point, coz lets face it - who doesn't love them!) But on the whole I want to experiment and explore what the world of cooking has to offer, and improve my skills on the way!
So a bit of background to my baking history... I've never been the best cook - a teacher once pointed at my baking and said 'ew what's that?' - so you have a rough idea of my previous skill levels, but more recently I have begun to be almost competent, and last year I decided to make cupcakes and mess around a bit in the kitchen.
Since then I have pretty much managed to get down most of the basics, but this year I'm going to go for it (I have a plan and everything).
My aim is to bake something new every week (or every other week), starting with the fairy bun in week one (16.5.11) and leading up to the dreaded soufflé (which will hopefully rise!) in week Seventeen.
Along the way, I hope to improve my baking skills and post a few recipes for anyone who happens to stumble upon this and wants to start baking too! I'll also post photos of my results and perhaps even review some of the treats I find when I'm out on my various coffee shop excursions!
Anyway we shall see... If you're interested, then grab an apron and come along for the ride!
:)

(If anyone has any recipe suggestions then please comment me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment